Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Still Life Photography: A Different Approach

Lessons Learned the Hard Way: My outtakes on still life photography

 

fruit still life photography nomadicgoddess.blogspot.com

What is still life photography? This question comes to my mind as the judging of our final   project is happening. Did I really miss the point of this concept or are the judges too traditional? When they announced the winner, I was crushed. I have high expectations and not hearing my name on the top five broke my heart.

 

 

ideas for still life photography nomadicgoddess.blogspot.com

 

food still life photography nomadicgoddess.blogspot.com

 

natural still life photography nomadicgoddess.blogspot.com

 

Mind you, this is basic photography class and we are required to produce a still life shot of fruits. I immediately thought of going beyond what is traditional, which is arranging the fruits to make it look good. I don’t want to be contained with that idea so I went outdoors for my shots. My shot below is what I submitted for my finals.

 

vintage still life photography nomadicgoddess.blogspot.com

 

Should I chose to enter the photo below, I could have gotten a higher rank. But then, as I came to think of it, I would not also be happy choosing that photo over my original entry. This is when I realized that I had yet to find another audience for my photo. Being radical or thinking out of the box would not really work in group where mainstream photography prevails. Nonetheless, I was happy expressing my art!

 

modern still life photography nomadicgoddess.blogspot.com

1 comment:


  1. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information
    clipping path service|Photo Retouching services|Vector Tracing

    ReplyDelete